[horde] Kolab integration problems

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Tue Apr 21 10:45:07 UTC 2015

Hi Jan,

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
> Zitat von Jens-U. Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>> [...]
>> I'm willing to plunge into the code again, but would need a pointer
>> to where relevant changes were applied to the Horde code.
>
> Honestly, the Kolab libaries are such a pile of complex and abstract
> code, that it's really hard to follow, at least for me. Each time I
> need to fix something there, I need to dive deep in the code and
> trace execution paths to find out what exactly is going on. So, no,
> sorry, no pointers off my head.

my question was more regarding the non-Kolab code in Horde, where
changes wrt caching and/or compression may have been introduced. I had
hoped that I'll "only" have to adopt the Horde/Kolab code to such
changes :-[

I fully understand your resentments regarding the Kolab code... it
puts me at ease to hear that even the current developers are fighting
with its complexity :D

>> Does anyone at Horde test Kolab integration anymore, or was Kolab
>> support dropped and I didn't catch the announcement?
>
> It's still officially supported, but only fixed or worked on on-demand.

I'll spend some time chasing this... I have a reproducible test case,
which should make locating the root case possible.

I'll report back via bug ticket if I find anything useful.

Regards,
Jens