[horde] error when communicating with the mail server after upgrade

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 16:43:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just wondered if any one else is seeing this error. I just upgraded to
webmail 5.2.6 from 5.2.4 and get a "error when communicating with the
mail server" when I reading the e-mails.

- can log into horde webmail
- webmail displays the number of e-mails in inbox (Total = x)
- when I go to list the e-mails nothing appears and "error when
communicating with the mail server"

I have upgraded a few times before with no problems.

cat imp/config/backends.local.php
$servers['imap'] = array(
     // Disabled by default
     'disabled' => false,
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'hostspec' => 'imap.dcs.bbk.ac.uk',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 143,
     'secure' => 'false',
     'maildomain' => 'dcs.bbk.ac.uk',
     'smtphost' => 'smtp.dcs.bbk.ac.uk',
     'smtpport' => 25,
     'acl' => false,
     'cache' => false,
     'capability_ignore' => array('ESEARCH'),
     'imap_config' => array(
         'children' => false,
         'namespace' => array(
         ),
         'search_charset' => array(
             'UTF-8' => true
         )
     )
);

Thanks,

Andrew

--
Andrew Watkins * Birkbeck, University of London * Computer Science *
* http://notallmicrosoft.blogspot.com *