[horde] whups: There was an error listing users: Listing of users is not supported.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Wed May 6 09:02:07 UTC 2015

----- Message from Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org> ---------
    Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 10:35:51 +0200
    From: Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>
Subject: Re: [horde] whups: There was an error listing users: Listing
of users is not supported.
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Citeren ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>
>> I got this doubt due to 2 reasons.
>>
>> 1. Listing of users with same IMAP server and same backends
>> configuration works in HGWE 5.1.4, but not working in HGWE 5.2.6.
>
> The IMAP backend has not (and will never) support listing users,
> because the IMAP protocol doesn't support this. It can't be done.
> That you're seeing a list of users, is either because your browser
> is caching previous input and showing that, or you used a different
> backend for whups before.

I have not installed whups with HGWE 5.1.4. But, I am able to list
users in HGWE 5.1.4 for IMP for sharing mailboxes, Kronolith for
sharing calenders etc with IMAP backend which has authentication
linked to LDAP.  Even now, I have HGWE 5.1.4 running in production
mode and it works.  Let us leave that. What is required is, the
working in new version. So, we will forget whether it was working in
old or not.

In HGWE 5.2.6 (current version), even in IMP, Kronolith listing of
users is not working.  Now, that, you have made clear, IMAP does not
support listing users, I have to do some changes and will seek your
support.

>> 2. The new message added in backends.php of IMP (HGWE 5.2.6)
>>    // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC 3501
>>    // [6.2.3]), so TLS is the only guaranteed authentication available by
>>    // default.
>>
>> Based on the above 2 factors, I thought enabling TLS may solve the
>> problem of listing users. But, this is not the solution, how do I
>> move forward.  Login through IMP with IMAP is working fine,
>> anything else, if I change, I may be in problem.  Suggestions please.
>
> If you can't switch to another authentication backend, stop looking
> for answers. It can't be done (as you've been told before). If
> listing users is important for you, ask how to change to an
> authentication backend that supports this with minimal impact to
> your users instead.

Please suggest me on how do I change the configuration such that,
users are listed for IMP/Kronolith/Whups etc. using LDAP without
affecting functionality.

Thank you in advance.  Sorry for the postings, as my knowledge is limited.

----- End message from Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org> -----

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant