[horde] Howto do a full horde groupware backup of user data (email, calendar, address books, notes...)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri May 15 14:24:42 UTC 2015

Quoting Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:

> On Fri, 15 May 2015, Wolf Moestl wrote:
>
>> Please note that I'm not talking about backup of the horde installation and
>> configuration, I want to backup the user data.
>>
>> I checked the Wiki and did extensive web research includin the mailing
>> list, but I was not able to found a solution.
>
> There is none, IMHO. You can make a SQL dump for all user data, but
> there is no way to selectively backup or restore data.

I believe there is an open enhancement request for "undoable"
deletions in at least kronolith if you'd like to possibly support the
development of that.

Otherwise, it probably wouldn't be TOO difficult to write a CLI script
to interact with some secondary, backup database and select data to
retrieve. The problem is that some data might be linked somehow to
other data via external and/or auto increment keys and such, so
depending on the situation it might not be a simple matter of
re-inserting the data into the appropriate tables.

Keep in mind for a full backup strategy you don't want to forget the
VFS if it's not contained in your database.

--
mike
The Horde Project