[horde] Links to Ingo (Forward, Vacation) in top menu bar

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Wed May 20 16:00:56 UTC 2015

> >> Hello List,
> >>
> >> I need your help.
> >>
> >> I inserted the following part into "$this->applications = array" in
the
> >> registry.local.php file.
> >>
> >> ------------
> >>       'forwards' => array(
> >>           'url' => '/ingo/basic.php?page=forward',
> >>           'name' => _("Forward"),
> >>           'status' => 'active',
> >>           'menu_parent' => 'imp',
> >>           'fileroot' => '/tmp'
> >>       ),
> >>
> >>       'vacations' => array(
> >>           'url' => '/ingo/basic.php?page=vacation',
> >>           'name' => _("Vacation"),
> >>           'status' => 'active',
> >>           'menu_parent' => 'imp',
> >>           'fileroot' => '/tmp'
> >>       ),
> >> ------------
> >>
> >> I don't know if this is the correct way, to get the links to ingo
> >> forward and vacation into the top bar.
> >>
> >> At least partially it is working, what I have done. The links are
> >> visible, and they point to the right target.
> >> Sadly the translation of the "name" isn't constantly working. It is
only

> >> translated, if I'm located on an ingo page. If I'm unter kronolith
and
> >> want to go to Ingo/Forward, the link name of Forward isn't
translated.

> >> How can I solve that?
> >
> > I'm not 100% sure how gettext works, but that's probably because these
> > translated strings only exist in Ingo PO/MO module.
> That sound's plausible.
> >
> > If you change the location of translation strings, e.g. move them from
> > Ingo to Base module, you need to update translation files accordingly.
> >
> For updating the translation files there is the "horde-translation"
> script, I guess.
> So I shortly went though the documentation and found
> "horde-translation update -l ll".
> The script was executed with no error an for some modules it says
"updated".
> Then I executed "horde-translation make -l ll", but the shown results
> are empty.

Did you specify your locale in place of "ll" flag or did you run the
commands exactly as you wrote?

> Have I done something wrong, or do I really have to edit every *.po file

> for every language as it is described in the documentation under "2.1.5
> Extending existent translations" ?

Yes, in order for particular translations to work you should edit
corresponding po files. I'm not sure you need to do it for all modules
though. Just start from the base "horde" module and see if that helps.

If you need only 1 language just use static strings.