[horde] Links to Ingo (Forward, Vacation) in top menu bar

Test philipp.faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de
Wed May 20 15:47:09 UTC 2015

>> Hello List,
>>
>> I need your help.
>>
>> I inserted the following part into "$this->applications = array" in the
>> registry.local.php file.
>>
>> ------------
>>       'forwards' => array(
>>           'url' => '/ingo/basic.php?page=forward',
>>           'name' => _("Forward"),
>>           'status' => 'active',
>>           'menu_parent' => 'imp',
>>           'fileroot' => '/tmp'
>>       ),
>>
>>       'vacations' => array(
>>           'url' => '/ingo/basic.php?page=vacation',
>>           'name' => _("Vacation"),
>>           'status' => 'active',
>>           'menu_parent' => 'imp',
>>           'fileroot' => '/tmp'
>>       ),
>> ------------
>>
>> I don't know if this is the correct way, to get the links to ingo
>> forward and vacation into the top bar.
>>
>> At least partially it is working, what I have done. The links are
>> visible, and they point to the right target.
>> Sadly the translation of the "name" isn't constantly working. It is only
>
>> translated, if I'm located on an ingo page. If I'm unter kronolith and
>> want to go to Ingo/Forward, the link name of Forward isn't translated.
>>
>> How can I solve that?
>
> I'm not 100% sure how gettext works, but that's probably because these
> translated strings only exist in Ingo PO/MO module.
That sound's plausible.

> If you change the location of translation strings, e.g. move them from
> Ingo to Base module, you need to update translation files accordingly.

For updating the translation files there is the "horde-translation"
script, I guess.
So I shortly went though the documentation and found
"horde-translation update -l ll".
The script was executed with no error an for some modules it says "updated".
Then I executed "horde-translation make -l ll", but the shown results
are empty.

Have I done something wrong, or do I really have to edit every *.po file
for every language as it is described in the documentation under "2.1.5
Extending existent translations" ?

> Alternatively you could just use static strings.

Static strings aren't really an option, because the translation
information should be available and I only have to find out how to get
it working.