[horde] Calendar and address book sharing with Outlook 2013+Android and Active Sync

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Tue Jun 16 17:49:38 UTC 2015

I managed to setup Active Sync with the latest Horde Groupware
Webmail edition. I tested with and without Auto Discovery.

In Outlook 2013 and on an Android 4.4.4 smart phone I can see, edit
and synchronize my own calendar and my own address book.

Unfortunately I can't see, edit and synchronize other calendars and
address books in Outlook 2013 and Android 4.4.4. For testing I set
up an additional calendar "Calendar1" and an additional address book
"Addressbook 1". I tried all kinds of access rights (standard mode
and enhances mode).

I CalDAV and CardDAV clients I see my own and the shared calendars
and address books ("Calendar1" and "Addressbook 1"), but not in
Outlook 2013 and Android.

Also with "detailed" Active Sync logging I don't see messages about
"Calendar1" and "Addressbook 1" in the per device log files. For
testing I also created a hook function in config/hooks.local.php to
combine all contacts and calendars:

class Horde_Hooks {
    public function activesync_device_modify(Horde_ActiveSync_Device
$device)
    {
        if (empty($device->multiplex)) {
                 $device->multiplex =
Horde_ActiveSync_Device::MULTIPLEX_NOTES |
                     Horde_ActiveSync_Device::MULTIPLEX_CONTACTS |
                     Horde_ActiveSync_Device::MULTIPLEX_CALENDAR |
                     Horde_ActiveSync_Device::MULTIPLEX_TASKS;
         }

         return $device;
     }
}