[horde] Calendar and address book sharing with Outlook 2013+Android and Active Sync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jun 16 19:53:55 UTC 2015

Quoting Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv at arcor.de>:

> I managed to setup Active Sync with the latest Horde Groupware
> Webmail edition. I tested with and without Auto Discovery.
>
> In Outlook 2013 and on an Android 4.4.4 smart phone I can see, edit
> and synchronize my own calendar and my own address book.
>
> Unfortunately I can't see, edit and synchronize other calendars and
> address books in Outlook 2013 and Android 4.4.4. For testing I set
> up an additional calendar "Calendar1" and an additional address book
> "Addressbook 1". I tried all kinds of access rights (standard mode
> and enhances mode).

1) You need to enable separate calendar/addressbook/etc... support on
the sync preference page for each application.

2) Only shares that the user has write access to are sync-able.

3) Not every client supports separate activesync collections (which is
the reason for all the config switches and hooks).

> I CalDAV and CardDAV clients I see my own and the shared calendars
> and address books ("Calendar1" and "Addressbook 1"), but not in
> Outlook 2013 and Android.
>
> Also with "detailed" Active Sync logging I don't see messages about
> "Calendar1" and "Addressbook 1" in the per device log files. For
> testing I also created a hook function in config/hooks.local.php to
> combine all contacts and calendars:
>
> class Horde_Hooks {
>     public function activesync_device_modify(Horde_ActiveSync_Device
> $device)
>     {
>         if (empty($device->multiplex)) {
>                  $device->multiplex =
> Horde_ActiveSync_Device::MULTIPLEX_NOTES |
>                      Horde_ActiveSync_Device::MULTIPLEX_CONTACTS |
>                      Horde_ActiveSync_Device::MULTIPLEX_CALENDAR |
>                      Horde_ActiveSync_Device::MULTIPLEX_TASKS;
>          }
>
>          return $device;
>      }
> }

This forces all collections into a single collection, the exact
opposite of what you are looking for.

--
mike
The Horde Project