[horde] Calendar and address book sharing with Outlook 2013+Android and Active Sync

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Tue Jun 16 21:40:03 UTC 2015

Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
> 1) You need to enable separate calendar/addressbook/etc... support
> on the sync preference page for each application.
>
> 2) Only shares that the user has write access to are sync-able.
>
> 3) Not every client supports separate activesync collections
> (which is the reason for all the config switches and hooks).
Thank you. Sharing calendar with Outlook 2013 works now. I see three
calendar folders in Outlook 2013: local calendar, my Horde calendar,
the shared calendar.

Unfortunately sharing the address book still does not work as expected.

I only see two address books in Outlook 2013: local address book, my
Horde address book.

If I create an contact in Outlook 2013 it will be synched to my
standard address book in Horde.

I also activated separate address books in preferences and selected
the shared address book in Horde. But Outlook still only shows one
address book. Isn't Outlook capable of showing multiple address
books for one account? Or did I missed something?

What about LDAP? Is it wise to use OpenLDAP for one shared address
book? (I think with LDAP I have two options in Outlook to access the
shared address book: Active Sync and LDAP.)

Greetings,
Björn