[horde] Newbie to Horde with Ambitions

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Fri Jul 10 13:23:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015, Jens Hellermann wrote:

> 1. Allthough the sql database is working and I can store the global
> preferences in it (like time and date format, language selection and so on),
> these preferences never become applied to the web interface. Even when I just
> lock on choosing German as my prefered language the interface is still in
> English. There is no error message concerning this, I get a green little
> screen saying configuration stored and the made changes show up sucessfully
> on the next login.

Did you checked with a mySQL browser or the SQL shell, if the preferences
are stored into the database at all?

  select * from horde_prefs where pref_uid = 'login_name';

Do the same after logout / logon. Are the prefs there still?

===

In the Horde configuration, tab "Database" you have to enter your database
settings and an tab "Preferences", driver "SQL" and driverconf "Horde
defaults".

> 2. Manipulating a imp/backends.local.php didn't work at all, I believe I'm
> not the only one with that issue.

I use the *.d/file.php approach for all local config files,  e.g.
imp/backends.d/99-local.php

> 3. I donot manage to reach the ldap authentication through to the mail
> interface (user not configured for mail). I manipulated the imp/backends.php
> and tried the following:
>
>   Horde only accepts the normal domain username as credentials but my
>   IMAP Server only accepts email and password (which is the same like
>   the AD password). Non of the hordeauth settings can successfully

That's the duty of the preauthenticate hook in imp/config/hooks.php.

Take the hooks.php.dist file as template and change the userId:

Code some ldap query to look up the users in AD and get their email
address. Then return the new one:

//             // return array(
//             //     'credentials' => $credentials,
//             //     'userId' => <<user's email address>>
//             // );

>   route me through to the webmail interface without having to
>   authenticate again using the email address.
>
>   $servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;
>   $servers['advanced']['disabled'] = false;
>   $servers['advanced']['hordeauth'] = true;
>
>   are activated. ACL setting doesn't make a difference.
>
> 4. I realised, that allthough ldap configuration is successfull and all users
> can be listed, in the details of the user the email-adress is never visible.
> Might this be the reason why above email authentication is not working?

in the addressbook or where? Is the connection to the AD authentificated?

> 5. I'll need to migrate all calendar data from the old groupware to horde.
> Subscription to the existing calendars in Horde via CalDAV is successfull.
> Does someone know an elegant way to copy all calendar entries to the user
> calendar, so it will be stored in the horde mysql database?

1) export them as ics, import them.

2) check out kronolith-import-* . Maybe prepare the file per script from
the old source.

--
Steffen