[horde] Moving emails locally on server

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jul 15 14:48:07 UTC 2015

Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> Hello maillist!
>
> I am using Horde webmail as my main groupware client in a SoHo setting, and
> I ucurrently use GMail as my MTA and email backend.  Basically, IMP is
> configured to be Horde's login and connects with my username+password to
> imap.gmail.com
>
> All works well.  I am currently member of 2 maillists (this one and another
> project) and I have configured a rule in Horde to move the emails from
> these two maillists into another folder for archival.
>
> In GMail (the webmail, not in Horde) I see those two folders as "labels".
> That's the way Gmail seems to treats those anyways.  What I'd like to do is
> to have Horde move them OUT of Gmail into a local folder on the server.
> Basically once I log in Gmail directly, I wouldn't have access to those
> emails because they would have been moved locally on the server.
>
> Any ways to do this?  I tried creating a new mailbox in Horde, then try to
> move items into it, what happens is another label is created in Gmail which
> is not the desired result...

Gmail does not use folders, only labels. So, no, you can't create a
"real" folder if your only email backend is Gmail. You could either
export the emails from horde (as a mbox file) or if you have a git
install (and access to a "real" IMAP account) you can add the real
imap account as an additional email account and move the emails over
via the UI.

--
mike
The Horde Project