[horde] Moving emails locally on server

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:35:50 UTC 2015

Hello maillist!

I am using Horde webmail as my main groupware client in a SoHo setting, and
I ucurrently use GMail as my MTA and email backend.  Basically, IMP is
configured to be Horde's login and connects with my username+password to
imap.gmail.com

All works well.  I am currently member of 2 maillists (this one and another
project) and I have configured a rule in Horde to move the emails from
these two maillists into another folder for archival.

In GMail (the webmail, not in Horde) I see those two folders as "labels".
That's the way Gmail seems to treats those anyways.  What I'd like to do is
to have Horde move them OUT of Gmail into a local folder on the server.
Basically once I log in Gmail directly, I wouldn't have access to those
emails because they would have been moved locally on the server.

Any ways to do this?  I tried creating a new mailbox in Horde, then try to
move items into it, what happens is another label is created in Gmail which
is not the desired result...

Thanks!