[horde] Moving emails locally on server

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Wed Jul 15 21:13:11 UTC 2015

----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
      Datum: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:06:13 -0400
        Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
Antwort an: mrubinsk at horde.org
    Betreff: Re: [horde] Moving emails locally on server
         An: Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>
         Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject
>>> https://www.twitter.com/hordeproject
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> I understand that I cannot create a "folder" in Gmail, but is there not a
>> way to create a mailbox file or folder on the server's filesystem?
>
> No.
>
>> AFAIK
>> all other email clients (thunderbird, MS Outlook, KDE's email client that I
>> cannot recall the name for) can deal with online email accounts and at the
>> same time have a local storage on the C: drive or /home (for *nix
>> machines)...

I used a combination of fetchmail and procmail to

1, fetch all mails from a given account
2, create procmail file for that local user
3, to deliver dedicated mails to dedicated folders

That way you could accomplish your goal(?)

But you need to reconfigura Horde against an imap server, use a MTA, etc.
Its some work if you wish to go that way.