[horde] imp signature doesn't work

Jens Hellermann hellermann at we-do.com
Thu Jul 16 09:41:47 UTC 2015

Hello dear Horde list members,

I'm busy testing all horde webmail functionalities before going
productive with this system. I installed the newest version 5.2.7 of
Horde Webmail edition. Now I'm facing the problem that a signature which
I add under Preferences\Webmail doesn't show up, when I compose a message.

At first I thought it might have to do something with the UTF-8 encoding
of my database as I had problems with changing global preferences when
locales where only installed on UTF-8. Changing it to ISO 8859-1 didn't
change anything for the better though.

I searched the horde database in mysql for my signature text, but
couldn't find it. Might it be stored in the Imap folder instead? The
setting for the signature itself is always retrieved when I log on with
different user names, so it seems it is stored somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Jens.