[horde] imp signature doesn't work

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Jul 16 11:02:37 UTC 2015

Citeren Jens Hellermann <hellermann at we-do.com>:

> Am 16.07.2015 um 11:55 schrieb Jens Wahnes:
>> On Do, Jul 16 2015, at 11:41:47 +0200, Jens Hellermann wrote:
>>
>>> I'm busy testing all horde webmail functionalities before going
>>> productive with this system. I installed the newest version 5.2.7 of
>>> Horde Webmail edition. Now I'm facing the problem that a signature which
>>> I add under Preferences\Webmail doesn't show up, when I compose a
>>> message.
>> There is a setting to control if the signature should be displayed
>> during message composition (signature_show_compose). So there will be a
>> small triangle to show/hide the signature portion at the bottom of the
>> message composition window.
>>
>>> I searched the horde database in mysql for my signature text, but
>>> couldn't find it. Might it be stored in the Imap folder instead? The
>>> setting for the signature itself is always retrieved when I log on with
>>> different user names, so it seems it is stored somewhere.
>> No, the signature is part of the identities setting in the database
>> (horde_prefs table). As this is stored as blob in the database
>> (serialized PHP object) it might be a bit hard to find on the database
>> level.
>>

>> Jens
>>
> Hello Jens Wahnes (I mention the surname so this is not becoming to
> confusing for a possible reader)
>
> Thank you that worked for me. But I have one more question:
>
> It says in the prefs.php: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! DO NOT COPY
> prefs.php TO prefs.local.php!
>  * Local overrides ONLY MUST be placed in prefs.local.php or prefs.d/.
>
> So as I don't have vhost configuration set up yet, I created the new
> file prefs.local.php and _only_ put these lines in:
>
>> // Show signature on compose screen?
>> $_prefs['signature_show_compose'] = array(
>>    'value' => 1,
>>    'type' => 'checkbox',
>>    'desc' => _("Show the signature on the compose screen?")
>
> Didn't work. Changing the prefs.php directly works fine. Am I taking
> the wrong aproach here?

Absolutely. The horde/imp/config/prefs.php file may/will be
overwritten with updates, discarding any local settings. The correct
way would be to put the following in horde/imp/config/prefs.local.php:

    <?php
    $_prefs['signature_show_compose']['value'] = 1;

An example can be found in the first 25 lines in the
horde/config/prefs.php file. Please note that the overrides you place
in this file will only be used when logging in for the first time for
a user. For existing users to use this default setting, you'll need to
remove the 'signature_show_compose' preference from the preferences
stored in the database.