[horde] imp signature doesn't work

Jens Hellermann hellermann at we-do.com
Thu Jul 16 10:14:58 UTC 2015

Am 16.07.2015 um 11:55 schrieb Jens Wahnes:
> On Do, Jul 16 2015, at 11:41:47 +0200, Jens Hellermann wrote:
>
>> I'm busy testing all horde webmail functionalities before going
>> productive with this system. I installed the newest version 5.2.7 of
>> Horde Webmail edition. Now I'm facing the problem that a signature which
>> I add under Preferences\Webmail doesn't show up, when I compose a
>> message.
> There is a setting to control if the signature should be displayed
> during message composition (signature_show_compose). So there will be a
> small triangle to show/hide the signature portion at the bottom of the
> message composition window.
>
>> I searched the horde database in mysql for my signature text, but
>> couldn't find it. Might it be stored in the Imap folder instead? The
>> setting for the signature itself is always retrieved when I log on with
>> different user names, so it seems it is stored somewhere.
> No, the signature is part of the identities setting in the database
> (horde_prefs table). As this is stored as blob in the database
> (serialized PHP object) it might be a bit hard to find on the database
> level.
>

> Jens

Hello Jens Wahnes (I mention the surname so this is not becoming to
confusing for a possible reader)

Thank you that worked for me. But I have one more question:

It says in the prefs.php: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! DO NOT COPY prefs.php
TO prefs.local.php!
  * Local overrides ONLY MUST be placed in prefs.local.php or prefs.d/.

So as I don't have vhost configuration set up yet, I created the new
file prefs.local.php and _only_ put these lines in:

> // Show signature on compose screen?
> $_prefs['signature_show_compose'] = array(
>     'value' => 1,
>     'type' => 'checkbox',
>     'desc' => _("Show the signature on the compose screen?")

Didn't work. Changing the prefs.php directly works fine. Am I taking the
wrong aproach here?

Kind regards, Jens Hellermann.