[horde] Activesync Webmail configuration in lighttpd

Jens Hellermann hellermann at we-do.com
Fri Jul 17 09:11:49 UTC 2015

Dear Horde list members,

I activated and configured Activesync in Horde 5.2.7 and added following
line to lighttpd.conf (alias module is loaded per default):

alias.url = ( "/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/" => "/var/www/horde/rpc.php" )

Then I restarted lighttpd.

But my browser doesn't react on this configuration at all (404 -File not
found). Whereas when I create a symlink in /var/www :

  ln -s /var/www/horde/rpc.php Microsoft-Server-Activesync

I can download the rpc.php.

In both cases: when I subsequently try to connect to Active Sync via
Outlook, I get warning for three certificates:

- one from software appliences
- one from m.my-url.com
- one from mobile.my-url.com

which I all install under trustworthy root certification authorities
(translation not exact), but Outlook fails to connect with a 'Server not
found' error message.

I configure the active sync account manually because i don't want to use
autodiscovery.

Has anyone got an idea how I can proceed here?

Kind regards, Jens.