[horde] Activesync Webmail configuration in lighttpd

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jul 17 13:27:30 UTC 2015

Quoting Jens Hellermann <hellermann at we-do.com>:

> Dear Horde list members,
>
> I activated and configured Activesync in Horde 5.2.7 and added
> following line to lighttpd.conf (alias module is loaded per default):
>
> alias.url = ( "/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/" => "/var/www/horde/rpc.php" )
>
> Then I restarted lighttpd.
>
> But my browser doesn't react on this configuration at all (404 -File
> not found).

Make sure that there are not other alias.url entries loaded by
lighttpd AFTER this statement. Likewise, any alias.url statements
before this one will be overwritten. Either combine them all into one
statement or use lightty's "+=" syntax to append them. E.g.:

alias.url += ("/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" => "/var/www/horde/rpc.php")

Also, make sure that (if needed) you are doing this for the correct
host. I.e., If you serve multiple hosts/domains and only
mail.example.com should answer ActiveSync requests then these need to
go in an appropriate block as so:

$HTTP["host"] =~ "^mail\.example\.com$" {

    //

}

> Whereas when I create a symlink in /var/www :
>  ln -s /var/www/horde/rpc.php Microsoft-Server-Activesync
>
> I can download the rpc.php.
>
> In both cases: when I subsequently try to connect to Active Sync via
> Outlook, I get warning for three certificates:
>
> - one from software appliences
> - one from m.my-url.com
> - one from mobile.my-url.com

These are likely from OL trying to find an appropriate location to
obtain AutoDiscover information. There is a entire flowchart that
clients (should) follow to do this.