[horde] Outlook 2013 only syncs standard calendar

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jul 27 15:38:00 UTC 2015

Quoting Jens Hellermann <hellermann at we-do.com>:

> Dear horde list members,
>
> I'm really glad I can sync outlook via activesync to horde webmail
> 5.2.7. But now I'm starting to experiment with the calendars, as
> this was the actuall topic my other groupware let me down on.
>
> I already discovered that there are special sync options for extra
> calendars, but outlook always just shows the standard calendar.
> (also after restart or syncing  the hole account from scratch).
>
> I can hook up to a second calendar via add internet calendar (.ics)
> but this is read only. So that way several calendars can only be
> managed via the web interface.
>
> But I'd like the assistance of hour ceo to maintain his calendar
> aswell as calendars for conference room, illness or holiday.
>
> Has someone got a funtional workaround for that in Outlook?

Outlook DOES support multiple calendars (though it doesn't support
multiple address books) via ActiveSync. You need:

1) Enable multiple calendars in Kronolith's preference.
2) Make sure the calendars you want are selected in the
synchronization preferences.
3) The calendars MUST be writable by the user trying to synchronize them.

--
mike
The Horde Project