[horde] Rampage tags management

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Sep 15 14:21:40 UTC 2015

Quoting Joao S Veiga <jsveiga at rf.com.br>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at the rampage_* tables in the database (Horde 5.2.2),
> and would like to do some cleanup, but could not find a interface to
> manage the tags:

That's currently a @todo, on the ever present list of things we need
to get to when we have time.

> 1 - Is there a way to automatically remove unused tags from horde/rampage?

Not automatically.

> 2 - Is there a way to safely remove specific tags, even if in use?
> If I just remove its references from rampage_tag_stats,
> rampage_tagged, rampage_tags, and rampage_user_tags_stats, is that
> safe?

Yes, that will remove the tag from the object.

> 3 - I noticed that rampage_tag_stats and rampage_user_tags_stats
> counters never decrement (i.e., they count how many times a tag has
> been used, not how many objects are currently tagged by it). Is that
> by design?

No, they should decrement. See e.g.,
Content_Tagger::removeTagFromObject and Content_Tagger::untag(). If it
isn't working correctly, please file a bug report.

> Any way of finding out which tags are actually in use (apart from
> checking the existence of each object tagged by it)?

The stats *should* allow you to do this.

> 4 - Rampage_objects keeps the object information even if the object
> does not exist anymore; for example, adding a mnemo note with a tag,
> then removing the note, creates an entry in rampage_objects which is
> left there permanently. Is that by design?

I honestly don't remember. I vaguely remember some discussion
surrounding this, but was long ago.

Regardless, as mentioned, we do have a @todo for adding some UI for
managing tags, at least on the admin level. If this is something
really important for you, you can consider sponsoring the work to get
it moved from the "when we have free time" list.

--
mike
The Horde Project