[horde] Rampage tags management

Joao S Veiga jsveiga at rf.com.br
Tue Sep 15 13:29:20 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm looking at the rampage_* tables in the database (Horde 5.2.2), and
would like to do some cleanup, but could not find a interface to
manage the tags:

1 - Is there a way to automatically remove unused tags from horde/rampage?

2 - Is there a way to safely remove specific tags, even if in use? If
I just remove its references from rampage_tag_stats, rampage_tagged,
rampage_tags, and rampage_user_tags_stats, is that safe?

3 - I noticed that rampage_tag_stats and rampage_user_tags_stats
counters never decrement (i.e., they count how many times a tag has
been used, not how many objects are currently tagged by it). Is that
by design? Any way of finding out which tags are actually in use
(apart from checking the existence of each object tagged by it)?

4 - Rampage_objects keeps the object information even if the object
does not exist anymore; for example, adding a mnemo note with a tag,
then removing the note, creates an entry in rampage_objects which is
left there permanently. Is that by design? Any reason for that? This
and (3) makes it harder to find unused tags.

Thanks!
Joao S Veiga