[horde] Question: Is it possible to presync an account and move the ost to another Outlook client?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Sep 29 13:38:49 UTC 2015

Quoting Jens Hellermann <hellermann at we-do.com>:

> Hello!
>
> As the subject of this mail already implies, I would like to presync
> certain large accounts and move the resulting ost to the Outlook of
> the concerning user later on. I'm not sure if this is possbile, as
> horde remembers the ID of the active-sync device. Any recommendations?

ActiveSync accounts are keyed to the user/device-id combination. If
the device id changes, this is considered a new account and will
require a complete resync.

If you know the new device id that OL will be sending, you can *try*
to manually update the horde_activesync_* tables to reflect the new
device id. This is not supported, though, so you will be on your own.

--
mike
The Horde Project