[horde] how to login horde for first time?

Thomas Lageotakes lageotakes at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 16 15:09:05 UTC 2015

I am trying to login Horde for first time and it will not let me login.  I know there is no default password.  I assumed it would take the username and password from mysql.  I am running debian 8, jessie.

I installed it as follow:

Aptitude to install horde-webmail and mysql.

mysql -u root -p
CREATE DATABASE horde;
GRANT ALL ON horde.* TO horde at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
exit;

webmail-install
What database backend should we use? mysql
Username to connect to the database as: horde
Password to connect with: PASSWORD
How should we connect to the database? unix
Location of UNIX socket: Just press [enter]
Database name to use: horde
Internally used charset: utf-8
Use SSL to connect to the server: no
Certification Authority to use for SSL connection: Just press [enter]
Split reads to a different server? false
Specify an existing mail user who you want to give administrator permissions (optional): admin

Some things I noticed
I was not presented with the following question even though one website said I would
Filesystem installation for base Horde application: /var/www/horde

I do not have a folder /var/www/horde

I can change $conf['testdisable'] = false; and access the test pages.

Thanks
Tom