[horde] how to login horde for first time?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Oct 16 15:24:29 UTC 2015

Quoting Thomas Lageotakes <lageotakes at hotmail.com>:

> I am trying to login Horde for first time and it will not let me
> login.  I know there is no default password.  I assumed it would
> take the username and password from mysql.  I am running debian 8,
> jessie.
>
> I installed it as follow:
>
> Aptitude to install horde-webmail and mysql.
>
> mysql -u root -p
> CREATE DATABASE horde;
> GRANT ALL ON horde.* TO horde at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD';
> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
> exit;
>
> webmail-install
> What database backend should we use? mysql
> Username to connect to the database as: horde
> Password to connect with: PASSWORD
> How should we connect to the database? unix
> Location of UNIX socket: Just press [enter]
> Database name to use: horde
> Internally used charset: utf-8
> Use SSL to connect to the server: no
> Certification Authority to use for SSL connection: Just press [enter]
> Split reads to a different server? false
> Specify an existing mail user who you want to give administrator
> permissions (optional): admin
>

> Some things I noticed
> I was not presented with the following question even though one
> website said I would
> Filesystem installation for base Horde application: /var/www/horde
>
> I do not have a folder /var/www/horde
>

> I can change $conf['testdisable'] = false; and access the test pages.

I'm not 100% certain how the debian package configures things by
default, but installing Horde's "Webmail" PEAR package will configure
Horde to authenticate against the IMAP server running on the same host
as Horde. I.e., you login using any existing user that can access the
IMAP server.

--
mike
The Horde Project