[horde] Update questions Horde Webmail

Jens Hellermann hellermann at we-do.com
Wed Oct 28 09:10:11 UTC 2015

Dear Horde List members,

I have a question concerning updates of Horde Webmail. As I didn't know
better at first (just googled update horde howto), I updated Horde
Webmail following an article in a german debianforum:

|pear upgrade -f -a -B -c horde

and afterwards it was recommended to execute some scripts again:

||pear run-scripts horde/Horde_Role|

But now I read in a mail from Michael Rubinsk that I should have used:

pear upgrade -a -B horde/webmail

I guess that is also why I lost some php extensions after upgrading.

In my last update I did follow the method Michael suggested, but I'm
still facing instability issues with the webinterface and connectivity
issues to active sync (which dissapear, when I restart the whole server).

My questions now are, how bad is it, I used the wrong update method? Can
these problems result from that and can the process be reversed somehow,
even by  installating over the existing installation?

I any case I need to preserve the settings and the active-sync status of
the clients, as I have a testing group involved there.

Kind regards, Jens.