[horde] ansel: not working with IE

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Mon Nov 23 19:17:18 UTC 2015

Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting A. Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> see https://andreasschulze.de/horde/ansel/gallery/id/7/

> I can't reproduce this locally, but your link works as you describe
> for me. There is some weird js error in the console when I enable
> developer tools, but my site also gives me the same error (but the
> site works fine with dev tools off).
>
> Since the lightbox starts to load then hangs, my first guess would
> be something wrong with serving the actual image (the lightbox is
> resized once the image has loaded in javascript).

Michael,

a click on a picture trigger image downwload from this URL:
https://andreasschulze.de//horde/ansel/img/screen.php?image=103&t=PolaroidThumb&b=white

The http response contain a header "Content-Type: image/jpg". That's right.
Firefox' dev tools show me also "encoding: base64"
IE prompt with a question "what to do with screen.php? open or save?"
If I click open IE ask for a program. Looks like IE assume see a .php
file and don't know how to handle that.

The webserver (nginx) set a additional response header
But removing the header don't change anything here.

Ideas are welcome ...
Andreas