[horde] timezone db download from iana

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Nov 24 09:50:22 UTC 2015

Zitat von cheese at nosuchhost.net:

> hi
>
> just had some talk with a cowroker and we have both no answer to:
> *) why does horde by itself download the database from
> ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/tzdata-latest.tar.gz
> one would expect that the local db from os was queried. that db
> should be the correct one and receive updates from "normal"
> system-updates.

Because both, the system database and the Horde database are generated
from the IANA source. But we cannot generate the Horde database from
the system database. It simply doesn't contain the information that we
need and is not parseable in the way the IANA db is. But that location
is just the default, you can specify any other location, like a local
copy of that file.

> *) when does horde download that file and where is it's content saved?

When it's not available yet or the cache TTL expired, into the
temporary directory.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project