[horde] How to install Horde_Util from Git

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 18:25:27 UTC 2015

Hi

One Mon 8th of December 2014 Michael Rubinsky replied to a thread called
"[turba] Question about Horde_String::ipos in turba/lib/Api.php" with the
following:

Quoting Roman Fischer <romanf at trash.net>:

>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> I hope that somebody on this list can help me. :)
>> I'm seeing the error-message
>>
>> "<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined method Horde_String::ipos()
>> in
>> <b>/data/wwwroot/
mybabey.ch/htdocs_secure/hordewebmail/turba/lib/Api.php</b>
<http://mybabey.ch/htdocs_secure/hordewebmail/turba/lib/Api.php%3C/b%3E>;

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/76f51c2f57110e2d694e369629e7b6553603856b
 ,
>> at least it was not there before and if I revert back to stripos(), the
>> error goes away and the lookup works
>> again...
>>
>> For the time being, I just manually patched line 1272 of Api.php
>> back to stripos()... but I'd like to know if it's caused by a bug or
>> a configuration-error on my side.
>
> If you have the most recent version of Horde_Util installed already,
> it might be an issue with include_path? Do you have another PEAR
> install on the same server perhaps?

I am having the same error (I don't know when it started - but it wasn't 11
months ago!  I mostly use mobile, and seldom the web interface).

Checking my install, I don't appear to have this Horde_Util listed.

Horde_ActiveSync SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Alarm SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Auth SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Cache SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Core SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Dav SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Group SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_History SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Imap_Client SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Lock SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Perms SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Prefs SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Queue SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_SessionHandler SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_SyncMl SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Token SQL DB schema is ready.
Horde_Vfs SQL DB schema is ready.

I don't appear to have documented how I installed from git.  I do have a
weekly script that does:
git pull  1>&2 >> git.pull.log

php ./framework/bin/install_dev

I'm pretty certain I just did
git clone  git://github.com/horde/Horde
Space is not so much of a problem.

How can I get this Horde_Util to show up?

Thanks.

Simon

As far as I can tell from Git, Michael S introduced this routine in 5.2.2
[mms] Added Horde_String::ipos() and Horde_String::ripos().