[horde] ActiveSync kronolith event status

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Dec 2 18:28:18 UTC 2015

Quoting Corinne Le Moan <lemoan at enib.fr>:

> Le 20/11/2015 14:07, Michael J Rubinsky a écrit :
>>
>> Quoting Corinne Le Moan <lemoan at enib.fr>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> since last upgrade, its seems that event status is no more
>>> reported to mobile devices thru activesync. I switch on activesync
>>> log. I dont see any error...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Corinne Le Moan
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Cannot reproduce.
>>
>> What are you expecting to see? What do you see? I would need a sync
>> log to help further.
>>

> Hi, sorry, I'm not very reactive ...
> Some of users are complaining about event status that are not
> synchronized with android mobile devices especially canceled status.
> They say that canceled events was hidden from android calendar as
> they are strikethrough on web interface. Now cenceled events remain
> visible on mobile device, the biggest problem is that when a
> canceled event is edited on mobile device, its status becomes
> "attempt" on server. I tried with an ical synchronisation on mobile
> device, canceled events are not shown as expected.
> I hope I'm clear. Sorry for my poor englsh.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Corinne

I've made some changes in Git to ensure the cancelled status is
synchronized properly. However, Android clients seem to automatically
reset the status client side when the event is edited on the client.
I.e.:

* Create a new event in Kronolith -> event is correctly synchronized.
* Set status to cancelled in kronolith -> cancelled status is sent to
client (some clients interpret this as "Show me as Free" instead of
marking it as "Cancelled")>
* Edit the event on the client -> the status the client sends back to
the horde server is reset.

Unfortunately, there is nothing Horde can do to alter the behavior of
the client in this case. The recent changes will be in the next
Kronolith bug release:

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/cb83b218b843404dc75ad6a31e0aa6df251adabc

--
mike