[horde] Help with Horde Groupware install

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Dec 17 21:19:00 UTC 2015

Please keep discussion on the mailing list.

Quoting Tom Faigle <tfaigle at vt.edu>:

> Mike
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> I did download from the Horde.org site.  I'm not sure if it's the
> "enterprise" version.  It was the publicly available version.

That's the only one we have, no "enterprise" version of anything. It's
all open source.

> The server is a new CentOS 7 server.  I also loaded MariaDB, Dovcat, and
> such.
>
> I guess what I don't understand is what I need to do to the config file.
> Is there something that tells me what the parameters should be?

Yes, the config file has documentation directly in it.

> I created a few test users on the server, and in the database.

> As for the IMAP server, what would I need to configure that?  I suspect
> that may be the issue.

Well, this is a bit out of scope for a Horde support mailing list. You
first need to have a working email system before attempting to
configure Horde. Concentrate on getting Dovecot setup properly. If you
want Horde to be able to manage the users you will need to have
Dovecot configured to authenticate against a database (and not system
users), then configure Horde's authentication to connect to the same
database. There are plenty of tutorials online to help you get this
part squared away. Once you get that working, you need to configure
Horde's authentication system to use "SQL (with custom queries)."
using the administrative interface. If you don't care about Horde
managing the users, and you can just set up Dovecot using system users
(which is probably what it installs as default).

If you need help with the Horde config part, let us know after your
email system is setup properly.