[horde] Fwd: Help with Horde Groupware install

Tom Faigle tfaigle at vt.edu
Fri Dec 18 14:08:03 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
Date: Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [horde] Help with Horde Groupware install
To: horde at lists.horde.org

Quoting Tom Faigle <tfaigle at vt.edu>:

Hello everyone I'm new and trying to get a mail server and Horde Groupware
> running.
>
> I've gone through all of the documentation, and have the server (CentOS 7)
> working with a Mariadb database.
>
> Everything looks ok except that the users aren't able to connect to the
> mail system and get the following message: User tfaigle is not authorized
> for Mail (Host:ip.xxx.xxx.xxx)
>
> Could someone please tell me how to adjust my configuration so that my
> users will connect to the mail server and be able to use mail via Horde
> Groupware 5.2.11 or at least point me to a good document that tells me
> which configuration files, and what I need to do?
>
> I hate to ask, but I'm at a loss.  It's been a long time since I've setup a
> Linux server so if I'm missing something I apologize in advance.  And thank
> you all for your help in advance also.
>
> Tom

I'm going to assume you are installing "Horde Groupware Webmail Edition"
from our PEAR repository.

This bundle assumes, by default, that the mail server is running local to
the Horde install - that is, it's on the same host and Horde can connect to
it via localhost. If this is not the case, you need to look at
imp/config/backends[.local].php and make the appropriate changes.

It is also configured to use the IMAP server for authentication (by
delegating authentication to the 'IMP' application). This means users must
be valid users on your IMAP server. If this is not the case, you need to
adjust the main horde config to reflect the authentication you want.

--
mike
The Horde Project