[horde] Problems with Horde Cache after upgrading to Webmail 5.2.12

Anton Köstlbacher horde3 at dingsbums.org
Tue Feb 9 19:18:44 UTC 2016

Am 09.02.2016 um 15:36 schrieb Jan Schneider:

> Zitat von Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:
>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> a few hours after upgrading I couldn't login to my Horde Webmail.
>>
>> Error meesage was "couldn't write to cache". Reason was horde cache
>> used up all space on the volume.
>>
>> Horde cache was set up as filesystem cache on a 1GB tmpfs volume,
>> which was sufficient the last years. Lifetime was set to 43200 seconds.
>>
>> I changed it to 2GB. This is now sufficient for about two days, then
>> it's full again.
>>
>> Did anything change regarding cache expiration?
>>
>> Looks like it doesn't work anymore. I also replaced
>> pear/Console_Getopt with pear/Console_GetoptPlus during the update.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Anton
>> --
>
> Actually the opposite was fixed in the latest Horde_Cache release. Under
> certain circumstances garbage collection didn't work, and it should work
> now in all cases.
>
> No idea why you mention Console_Getopt.
>
> You can try running the unit tests as a first measure, to see if they
> succeed for you:
>
> pear install horde/Horde_Test
> php $(pear config-get test_dir)/Horde_Cache/Horde/Cache/AllTests.php

Hi Jan,

thanks for your quick reply. I mentioned Console_Getopt just because it
was the only other thing that changed since the problem occurred.

Output of unit tests, they don't succeed:

PHPUnit 4.5.0 by Sebastian Bergmann and contributors.

F.FFFFFFSSSSSSSS...................SSSSSSSS........SSSSSSSS....  63 /
123 ( 51%)
....SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPHP Warning:  Uncaught
Undefined variable: reason

/usr/share/php/tests/Horde_Cache/Horde/Cache/Sql/Pdo/SqliteTest.php:30
/usr/share/php/tests/Horde_Cache/Horde/Cache/TestBase.php:32
/usr/share/php/Horde/Test/AllTests.php:84

   thrown in
/usr/share/php/tests/Horde_Cache/Horde/Cache/Sql/Pdo/SqliteTest.php on
line 30
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access empty property in
/usr/share/php/tests/Horde_Cache/Horde/Cache/Sql/Pdo/SqliteTest.php on
line 30

Any Ideas?

Regards,
Anton