[horde] Problems with Horde Cache after upgrading to Webmail 5.2.12

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Feb 9 14:36:06 UTC 2016

Zitat von Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:

> Dear List,
>
> a few hours after upgrading I couldn't login to my Horde Webmail.
>
> Error meesage was "couldn't write to cache". Reason was horde cache
> used up all space on the volume.
>
> Horde cache was set up as filesystem cache on a 1GB tmpfs volume,
> which was sufficient the last years. Lifetime was set to 43200
> seconds.
>
> I changed it to 2GB. This is now sufficient for about two days, then
> it's full again.
>
> Did anything change regarding cache expiration?
>
> Looks like it doesn't work anymore. I also replaced
> pear/Console_Getopt with pear/Console_GetoptPlus during the update.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Anton

Actually the opposite was fixed in the latest Horde_Cache release.
Under certain circumstances garbage collection didn't work, and it
should work now in all cases.

No idea why you mention Console_Getopt.

You can try running the unit tests as a first measure, to see if they
succeed for you:

pear install horde/Horde_Test
php $(pear config-get test_dir)/Horde_Cache/Horde/Cache/AllTests.php

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project