[horde] Unable to attach files in Whups

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Tue Apr 26 23:07:46 UTC 2016

Hi all!

>>> Do not think it's a limitation of PHP, because for example when I wanted
>>> to upload too heavy files (15 MB), I get a record in the Apache error
>>> log with something like this:

>>> [Wed Jan 07 15:33:53 2015] [error] [client 10.1.0.40] PHP Warning:  POST
>>> Content-Length of 15361369 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in
>>> Unknown on line 0, referer:
>>> https://webmail.opcion-libre.com.ar/whups/ticket/update.php?id=36
>>>

>>> But when I try to attach a file whose size is less than "post_max_size",
>>> I don't get this type entries in the Apache error log and Horde displays
>>> a message saying that the ticket was updated, but the file was not
>>> attached.
>>>
>>> That's why I was guiding to investigate whether there was a limitation
>>> in the vfs backend. I don't have deep experience in setting Horde. So
>>> when you talked about "vfs backend limitations" I thought in to check
>>> the settings in any of the backends.php files:
>>>
>>> ingo/config/backends.php
>>> turba/config/backends.php
>>> gollem/config/backends.php
>>> imp/config/backends.php
>>>
>>> Kindly tell me which files I would have to check.
>>>
>>> On config/conf.php I am using the following settings:
>>>
>>> $conf['vfs']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
>>> $conf['vfs']['type'] = 'Sql';

>> This may be the culprit. You may hit limits of your SQL backend.

> Fortunately, I was able to fix it. In some tests trying to attach files
> of a few kilobytes, I noticed the files was uploaded without problems.
> But with slightly bigger files that those used in these tests (although
> always below "post_max_size"), the files were not attached.
>
> Then I tried modifying also upload_max_filesize.
> Then I've also configured post_max_size to the same size.
>
> post_max_size = 20M        ; Default (on Debian): 8M
> upload_max_filesize = 20M  ; Default (on Debian): 2M

Today I have this problem again to attach files in Whups.

But I imagine that the cause will be another because I still have those
changes I made that time in the PHP configuration. I tried to upload
this file, which has a very small size in relation to the limits of PHP:

$ ll check_zte_wan.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 viper viper 1885 abr 26 17:40 check_zte_wan.py

The cause may be another? Jan was speaking about the limits of my SQL
backend. Would I have to search these limits in the configuration of MySQL?

I'm not sure if it will be useful, but did this query:

mysql> SELECT table_schema "Data Base Name",
    -> sum( data_length + index_length ) / 1024 /
    -> 1024 "Data Base Size in MB",
    -> sum( data_free )/ 1024 / 1024 "Free Space in MB"
    -> FROM information_schema.TABLES
    -> GROUP BY table_schema ;
+--------------------+----------------------+------------------+
| Data Base Name     | Data Base Size in MB | Free Space in MB |
+--------------------+----------------------+------------------+
| horde              |          90.76562500 |    1380.00000000 |
| information_schema |           0.00878906 |       0.00000000 |
| mysql              |           0.67012215 |       0.00080490 |
| performance_schema |           0.00000000 |       0.00000000 |
4 rows in set (0.13 sec)

mysql>

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,