[horde] User not authorized for mail

Dennis Terebecki dtex23 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 22:21:53 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Using Horde 5.2.10, freshly installed,

I have an issue where two users are not being displayed the "Mail" link in
their top menu bar.  I've followed the recommended troubleshooting
procedures in the FAQ at https://wiki.horde.org/faq/admin/troubleshoot and
cannot seem to make headway.  Also, any options associated with Mail: do
not show up in the Add Content portal blocks.

Interestingly, I noticed that I have (fully functional, read, send,
receive) mail displayed to me (the administrator), so I promoted one of the
other users to administrator, and mail started working for them, with the
ability to add the portal block, view, send and receive mail.  As soon as
the user was removed from the administrator group, the message "User xxx is
not authorized for Mail (Host: x.x.x.x)".

How to fix this so that a non administrator user is authorized to use
Imp/Mail?

DJ
dtex23 at gmail.com