[horde] pear.nrk.io and msgpack

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jun 13 09:21:37 UTC 2016

Zitat von Mauricio Jose T. Tecles <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>:

> I doing a pear Horde test installation on Debian 8.5 (Jessie) (PHP
> 5.6.20). Foolowing instructions, after
>
> pear install -a -B horde/horde
>
> I can see some "complains":
>
> Unknown remote channel: pear.nrk.io   and

This channel is used to install the Predis package, required if you
want to use a Redis backend of some sorts.

> Failed to download pecl/msgpack within preferred state "stable",
> latest release is version 2.0.1, stability "beta", use
> channel://pecl.php.net/msgpack-2.0.1" to install
>
> I have tried to install msgpack-2.0.1 but it seems to require PHP 7:
>
> pecl upgrade -a -B channel://pecl.php.net/msgpack-2.0.1
> pecl/msgpack requires PHP (version >= 7.0.0), installed version is
> 5.6.20-0+deb8u1
> No valid packages found upgrade failed

The PEAR/PECL client is not smart enough to figure out the latest
version of a package that still fulfils Horde's dependencies but
doesn't break your PHP dependency. Thus you have to explicitly specify
the extension version that you want. Check the available version from
the package's home page, then pick the latest version that runs with
PHP < 7.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project