[horde] Kronolith 4.3.0-git and iTip/Meeting request preferences

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Sep 12 14:23:09 UTC 2016

Quoting Claudio ML <claudioml at mediaservice.net>:

> Hi to all,
>
> I have some troubles with Lightning 4.7.2 and the option iTip/Meeting
> request preference " If checked, NEVER SEND any iTip messages. This
> means invitees will NOT receive meeting requests and organizers will NOT
> receive any messages when an existing meeting is altered.".
>
> The issue is the following: if the option for "never send iTip messages"
> is flagged, when i create a new event, no notification mail to the
> attendee is sended.

This is correct behavior.

> If i disable the option "If checked, NEVER SEND any
> iTip messages. This means invitees will NOT receive meeting requests and
> organizers will NOT receive any messages when an existing meeting is
> altered.", the mail is normally sended.

This is also correct.

> I think there is something with that function don't work very well. The
> normal work i expect is the following:
>
> - I create a new event, with an invitee: mail is sended

Yes, as long as you don't have the never-send-option checked.

> - I open the event, don't modify anything, and save it: no mail sended.

If you *save* the event, then it is taken as a modification, so it is
possible that iTips will be sent - again, as long as you don't have
the never-send-option checked.

> I am wrong ?

Don't know. I don't see anything wrong with the behavior you are experiencing.