[horde] Reset Password and Passwd

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:16:19 UTC 2016

On 14 Sep 2016 11:03, "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>> login.

>> resetting.

>>> This is what Passwd is for. Or the composite authentication driver.
>>

>> Great!  That aligns with what I thought.
>>
>> However, I see no where in passwd to set that up.
>>
>> Currently you can only reach https://webmail.example.net/passwd if you're
>> already authenticated.  Clearly for a forgotten password that's not going
>> to work.
>

> Yes, that's why I said you need an authentication backend that allows
resetting of the password.

But then you also implied MySQL is an authentication backend that allows
resetting the password using password.

I have a MySQL db with User secrets that would allow for a password to be
reset if a link to forgot password would be displayed.  I could even write
the page myself that would show the challenges and response input (although
I'd prefer not to, I prefer to configure that in passwd).  Passwd could
then insert a new password and the user could then authenticate...

Simon