[horde] Reset Password and Passwd

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Sep 14 10:16:08 UTC 2016

> On 14 Sep 2016 11:03, "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> >
> > Zitat von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> >> login.

MySQL

> >> resetting.

> correct.

> >> Great!  That aligns with what I thought.
> >>
> >> However, I see no where in passwd to set that up.
> >>
> >> Currently you can only reach https://webmail.example.net/passwd if
you're
> >> already authenticated.  Clearly for a forgotten password that's not
going
> >> to work.
> >

> > Yes, that's why I said you need an authentication backend that allows
> resetting of the password.
>
> But then you also implied MySQL is an authentication backend that allows
> resetting the password using password.
>
> I have a MySQL db with User secrets that would allow for a password to
be
> reset if a link to forgot password would be displayed.  I could even
write
> the page myself that would show the challenges and response input
(although
> I'd prefer not to, I prefer to configure that in passwd).  Passwd could
> then insert a new password and the user could then authenticate...

Check which authentication backend you are using. AFAIK there are couple
of different MySQL auth drivers in Horde and some support password resets
some don't. Please see these files
https://github.com/horde/horde/tree/master/framework/Auth/lib/Horde/Auth

If your driver doesn't support password resets, then it is really a
trivial task to implement it.

--
   Vilius