[horde] No directory listing in IMP with PHP 7

Twilek twilek at gmx.de
Wed Sep 14 19:40:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to change to PHP 7 for some time now but there is one
problem with horde which keeps me from doing it. I had this problem
from the start and at first thought that it might have been an early
bug of PHP 7.0. But with 7.1 approaching and 7.0 being regarded as
stable things have not changed.
I am using a horde webmail installation with the latest pear beta
packages (horde 5.2.16) and dovecot 2.2.25. I am using the IMAP
backend of dovecot for authentication with horde. When using libmodphp
5.6.22 with the latest apache 2 things work great. When switching to
the latest php 7.0 all other Webapps that I am running work (so I
guess libmodphp 7 works). Only horde works only partly. It lets my
admin user authenticate normally. I see the dashboard and can access
imp (and all other horde apps). There I see my inbox (via IMAP) with
all mails and can read the mails. It does not read the the IMAP
folders and the folder options in IMP cannot be opened. There are no
errors in the horde log or in the dovecot log. Switching back to php 5
fixes that problem. Another problem is that all users except my admin
one cannot login. Horde log just shows "user xxx failed to login". As
far as I can see there is something wrong with the IMAP communication
(althought not everything is wrong as my admin user can login and can
read mails in the inbox). As there are no telling error messages in
the horde or dovecot log I am completely at a loss where to start
looking.

Regards

Henning