[horde] Different login to dovecot than general login

Holger A. Brinkhaus holger at brinkhaus.org
Wed Oct 12 20:34:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

Currently I want to move from SOGo to Horde.

I have the following configuration:
Authorization is checked by "pure" userid (without @domain.tld) through
Active Directory. This works fine.

For Dovecot I need (because of the usage of virtual domains) the login
by mail address. Dovecot accepts also pure user for login but leads to
wrong mailbox.

In the IMP backends.local.php  hordeauth is set to full:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    // ENABLED by default; will connect to IMAP port on local server
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'hostspec' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => full,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'secure' => 'tls',
    'debug' => '/tmp/hordeimap.log'
);

I already tried to manipulate userid by horde hook with
postauthenticate. This works principally  (approved by logging) but I
get the message for IMP that this user cannot log in. When I (in this
case) log into webmail manually with the exact credentials which has
been set in the hook I got connected to right mailbox...

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Best regards
   Holger