[horde] Problem syncing with AS on Horde webmail 5.2.16

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Nov 1 12:34:10 UTC 2016

Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> Hello maillist.  I hope someone can help with AS.  The problem is  
> that sync seems successful but nothing appears on the Android client.
> Basically, I am running Horde webmail 5.2.16 on a centos VM server  
> which is accessible ONLY on LAN at adress  
> https://centos-horde/horde.  I am using IMP as Horde's auth backend  
> with my Gmail creds.
> I have successfully setup AS as per the wiki's instructions.
> I have also setup the exchange account properly (?) on the Android  
> client.  Client is a Nexus 6P phone.
> I can see the client device under Administration > ActiveSync Devices
> User:  lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
> Device: Android
> Last Sync Time: October 31, 2016 18:53
> Status: Not Provisioned
> Device Information:
> USER AGENT: Android-Mail/
> The exchange account was added on the client by going in Settings >  
> Accounts then adding an Exchange Account.
> The first "gotcha" was that Android wouldn't let me use my Gmail  
> adress as username (the one I currently use to login to Horde) as it  
> was already in use with my GMail account on the device (Exact  
> message was:  You're already using this username for the account  
> Gmail).  I used a fake email like user at horde.localdomain to get past  
> this step.
> Then I clicked on "Manual setup"
> Then I clicked on "Exchange" and entered my Gmail (and Horde)  
> password.  Then clicked "Next".
> Then I changed the Domain\Username field to my Gmail address (which  
> is also the Horde username), entered my Gmail password, changed the  
> server field to "centos-horde".  The port was left to default 443,  
> and the security type was changed to TLS/SSL (Accept all certs)  
> because other security settings didnt allow rto securely connect to  
> the server...
> I finally hit Next, then was presented with the Sync options which I  
> left all checked and hit Finish.
> After that, the AS sync process started on the server (using tail -f  
> on the AS log file I saw tons of text going by).
> One thing I noticed in the AS log is this coming back over and over again:
> 2016-10-31T19:44:08-04:00 androidcXXXXXXXXXXXXX INFO: [27189]  
> Maximum memory usage for ActiveSync request: 19968048 bytes.

This is a normal entry, simply stating how much memory the request used.

> After the sync completes, Calendar is empty, task list is empty, and  
> contacts are empty...

Was the Email empty too?

Hard to give any useful feedback without seeing the log, but if the  
email worked and the other collections didn't you could try making  
sure that the preferences for each application are set correctly to  
allow them to be synchronized.

> Thanks
>  Louis-Philippe Allard
> lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
> Sent using Horde Groupware on GNU/Linux
> -- 
> Horde mailing list
> Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
> To unsubscribe, mail: horde-unsubscribe at lists.horde.org

The Horde Project
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 2007 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Signature
URL: <https://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/attachments/20161101/f02eef49/attachment.bin>

More information about the horde mailing list