[horde] Horde_ActiveSync 2.37.2 break ActiveSync with iOS (iPhone)

0x90 0x90 at wmailer.net
Wed Nov 9 20:58:37 UTC 2016

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> yesterday we noticed that all of our iOS Devices can not sync their
>> e-mail anymore. We had an update to ActiveSync 2.37.2 short before
>> so we rolled back to 2.37.1 and e-mail start working again. As the
>> releas notes say "Attempt to work around IMAP servers that report
>> broken HIGHESTMODSEQ values." it might be a problem with our IMAP
>> Server (Cyrus IMAP 2.4.17 from Ubuntu 14.04 latest). Any idea what
>> is wrong and how to fix? In the log we had a lot of "Force restting
>> of state for F533fe8a0: UIDVALIDTY no longer valid" but i'm not
>> sure if this is related. The Android Devices where working fine BTW
>> even with the latest version.
>
> There was a change in where UIDVALIDITY is checked in the latest
> version. It was previously being checked in a place that was too
> late - after we already checked for changes. It is now checked
> earlier, so we know if the UIDs and/or MODSEQ values are valid
> before we use them.
>
> However, this code path is the same regardless of client being used
> so I'm not really sure what is going on with your iOS devices. My
> iOS devices are working fine here. If you provide a log I can take a
> closer look.

Hi, I can confirm that there is a problem with iOS devices there.
Unfortunately I don't have direct access to the devices. The users
reported that email were not working for some days already. After
rollback to Horde_ActiveSync 2.37.1 the problem has gone. None of the
9 Android devices had a problem but 3 out of 3 iOS devices.

Running Horde on CentOS 7.2 | postfix | dovecot, installed by pear.

greetings
0x90