[horde] Horde_ActiveSync 2.37.2 break ActiveSync with iOS (iPhone)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Nov 9 15:18:55 UTC 2016

Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Hello,
>
> yesterday we noticed that all of our iOS Devices can not sync their
> e-mail anymore. We had an update to ActiveSync 2.37.2 short before
> so we rolled back to 2.37.1 and e-mail start working again. As the
> releas notes say "Attempt to work around IMAP servers that report
> broken HIGHESTMODSEQ values." it might be a problem with our IMAP
> Server (Cyrus IMAP 2.4.17 from Ubuntu 14.04 latest). Any idea what
> is wrong and how to fix? In the log we had a lot of "Force restting
> of state for F533fe8a0: UIDVALIDTY no longer valid" but i'm not sure
> if this is related. The Android Devices where working fine BTW even
> with the latest version.

There was a change in where UIDVALIDITY is checked in the latest
version. It was previously being checked in a place that was too late
- after we already checked for changes. It is now checked earlier, so
we know if the UIDs and/or MODSEQ values are valid before we use them.

However, this code path is the same regardless of client being used so
I'm not really sure what is going on with your iOS devices. My iOS
devices are working fine here. If you provide a log I can take a
closer look.

--
mike
The Horde Project