[horde] Horde Passwd module is not properly configured

Admin Beckspaced admin at beckspaced.com
Wed Nov 30 09:10:30 UTC 2016

On 29.11.2016 16:04, Admin Beckspaced wrote:

> On 29.11.2016 13:50, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Admin Beckspaced <admin at beckspaced.com>:
>>
>>> Hello Horde Users ;)
>>>
>>> I have installed the Horde 5.2.12 with Passwd module 5.0.5 and
>>> defined a SQL backend in backends.local.php (see below)
>>> I have also setup a conf.php (see below)
>>>
>>> But whenever I try to change a password I do receive the error:
>>>
>>> 'Passwd module is not properly configured'
>>>
>>> How do I fix / debug this issue?
>>>
>>> any help is more than appreciated ;)
>>
>> Do the default sql queries match your authentication database
>> structure? What type of backend does Horde use for authentication?
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> thanks a lot for your reply ;) Just double checked and the default sql
> queries match my database structure.
> Also did try the custom queries but no success either.
>
> Horde uses the IMP, imap server for authentication.
>
> It always worked flawless in the past. Today a customer told me about
> the problem.
>
> Thanks, greetings & all the best
> Becki

Hello again,

got a bit of more information about the passwd issue. got send this bit
of error log via logdigest today:

Nov 30 09:45:04 cx20 HORDE[28207]: [passwd] Could not instantiate PDO.
PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user
'dbuser'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES) [pid 28207 on line 129 of
"/srv/ssl/webmail/httpdocs/passwd/lib/Factory/Driver.php"]

then double checked the username & password and it was perfectly ok.

so just for testing I filled in the root password of the mysql server
and all went fine. password successfully changed ;)

switching back to the other user / pass the problem came back.

the user causing the access denied was created with phpmyadmin and setup
to grant all rights on this database only!

I know that this is working fine as I'm using this user with dbmail and
it can create users, change passwords, etc, etc ...

But it's just not working with passwd.

I would really like NOT to have the root user in the backends.local.php

Any more suggestions on how to proceed would be great ;)

Thanks & greetings
becki