[horde] Horde Passwd module is not properly configured

Admin Beckspaced admin at beckspaced.com
Wed Nov 30 17:28:14 UTC 2016

On 30.11.2016 16:44, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Some ideas: Make sure that the hostspec you are using if you are
> explicitly specifying it in passwd's backends.local.php file matches
> the host that the dbuser was granted access to. I.e., 'localhost',
> '127.0.0.1' may not be viewed as the same host from the rdms' point of
> view.
>
> Also, if you are using a SQL based auth, you might try using the
> hordeauth backend in passwd.

Thanks for your reply and ideas Michael,

I already had something like that in mind. As I had specified in the
backends.local.php

     'params' => array(
         'phptype' => 'mysql',
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',

and if I look at the error:

Nov 30 09:45:04 cx20 HORDE[28207]: [passwd] Could not instantiate PDO.
PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user
'dbuser'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES) [pid 28207 on line 129 of
"/srv/ssl/webmail/httpdocs/passwd/lib/Factory/Driver.php"]

it there says '127.0.0.1' instead of 'localhost'

the database user has granted access to 'localhost' and not 127.0.0.1

will have a look again tomorrow and report back ;)

thanks for your time & input

greetings
Becki