[horde] db schema update internal server error

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Dec 6 18:05:20 UTC 2016

Quoting Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:

> Am 06.12.2016 um 13:59 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:

>>> Hi Jan,
>>>
>>> the logs show timeout of the fcgi-process after 10 Minutes
>>>
>>> mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 600 seconds, referer:
>>> https://www.domian.tld/webmail/admin/config/
>>>
>>> [Tue Dec 06 13:26:23 2016] [error] [client 89.15.xxx.xxx] Premature
>>> end of script headers: index.php, referer:
>>> https://www.domain.tld/webmail/admin/config/
>>>
>>> Any ideas on this?
>>

>> This script can take a good bit of time. If you have a higher timeout on
>> cli scripts you can run the horde-db-migrate script directly.
>
> It now already takes over two hours, never encountered something
> like this with horde db upgrades on this machine.

The migration adds upwards of 40k rows into a table. I've sped it up a
little bit locally, and it runs in less than a minute on my
development box which uses an SSD for storage, but it still takes
quite a bit of time on my machine that has the database on a
traditional HDD.

Any ideas for speeding it up are welcome.

If it becomes a big issue, we could investigate making it a standalone
script that could optionally be run if the install is to support
METAR/TAF weather data.