[horde] db schema update internal server error

Anton Köstlbacher horde3 at dingsbums.org
Wed Dec 7 15:04:43 UTC 2016

Am 06.12.2016 um 19:05 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:

>>> This script can take a good bit of time. If you have a higher timeout on
>>> cli scripts you can run the horde-db-migrate script directly.
>>
>> It now already takes over two hours, never encountered something like
>> this with horde db upgrades on this machine.
>

> The migration adds upwards of 40k rows into a table. I've sped it up a
> little bit locally, and it runs in less than a minute on my development
> box which uses an SSD for storage, but it still takes quite a bit of
> time on my machine that has the database on a  traditional HDD.
>
> Any ideas for speeding it up are welcome.
>
> If it becomes a big issue, we could investigate making it a standalone
> script that could optionally be run if the install is to support
> METAR/TAF weather data.

I now ran it directly, as it did not finish at all using the web
interface. On cli it took about 25min.

[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Service_Weather schema version: 1
Migrating to HordeServiceWeatherAirportsChange (2)
== 2 HordeServiceWeatherAirportsChange: migrating
=============================
-- tables()
    -> 0.0010s
-- dropTable('horde_metar_airports')
    -> 0.1367s
-- beginDbTransaction()
    -> 0.0002s
-- createTable('horde_metar_airports', array('autoincrementKey' => array (
   0 => 'id',
)))
    -> 0.0166s
== 2 HordeServiceWeatherAirportsChange: Added 40033 airport identifiers
to the database.
-- commitDbTransaction()
    -> 0.0001s
== 2 HordeServiceWeatherAirportsChange: migrated (1550.6511s)