[horde] ActiveSync and shared imap folders

John Kramer john.kramer at neys.org
Fri Dec 9 12:39:38 UTC 2016

On 08.12.2016 14:09, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting John Kramer <john.kramer at neys.org>:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I use Horde Webmail 5.2.16. Is it possible to disable shared imap
>> folders over ActiveSync? Maybe with the hook activesync_device_modify?
>
> Not currently. That hook doesn't know anything about email or mailbox
> lists. We would need to implement a general mailbox filter hook that
> allows filtering the returned mailboxes. Not sure off hand if we have a
> way of identifying the shared mailboxes from within activesync's context
> or not. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks for the fast reply! With cyrus, shared mailboxes are shown as
user.mailbox or user/mailbox

>> Besides, can I disable shared imap folder caching with active sync?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking here.

This is a client setting. With Outlook 2013/2016 it is possible to use
activesync but you can only choose sync one month or all. With setting
one month, it is not possible to get older data from the server. With
setting all, all shared imap folders get downloaded via active sync.
This is no fun with a huge shared mailbox. I had the vast hope, that one
can influence the cache settings from the server, if it is not possible
to disable the shared mailbox completely.

Best wishes,
John