[horde] ActiveSync and shared imap folders

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Dec 10 21:06:30 UTC 2016

Quoting John Kramer <john.kramer at neys.org>:

> On 08.12.2016 14:09, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>>
>> Quoting John Kramer <john.kramer at neys.org>:
>>
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> I use Horde Webmail 5.2.16. Is it possible to disable shared imap
>>> folders over ActiveSync? Maybe with the hook activesync_device_modify?
>>
>> Not currently. That hook doesn't know anything about email or mailbox
>> lists. We would need to implement a general mailbox filter hook that
>> allows filtering the returned mailboxes. Not sure off hand if we have a
>> way of identifying the shared mailboxes from within activesync's context
>> or not. I'll have to look into it.
>
> Thanks for the fast reply! With cyrus, shared mailboxes are shown as
> user.mailbox or user/mailbox
>

>>> Besides, can I disable shared imap folder caching with active sync?
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking here.
>
> This is a client setting. With Outlook 2013/2016 it is possible to
> use activesync but you can only choose sync one month or all. With
> setting one month, it is not possible to get older data from the
> server. With setting all, all shared imap folders get downloaded via
> active sync. This is no fun with a huge shared mailbox. I had the
> vast hope, that one can influence the cache settings from the
> server, if it is not possible to disable the shared mailbox
> completely.

I've added the hook in Core and an example hook in
horde/hooks.php.dist in Git master. The hook will work once you update
the Core package, but you'll have to manually add the new hook method
in hooks.php since that won't be included until the next Horde release.

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/66d3a1d9698d161e2121aa18ba6fe3e87a16e77b
https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/3d841705560e0d94dc49b4493c8bb75027ee95ca
https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/73f320114c7b5848ff9722e18de28810d95099fa